What are the PCB panelization rules?
Such orders can directly be placed on Seeed Fusion Service.
A. There is no extra cost for identical design panelization.
ie. If you choose "Different Designs = 1" that means there is only one design in your PCB Gerber file. So if you want to separate multiple boards with V-cut or milled slots, please make sure each sub-board is the same and less than 40 pieces sub-boards per panel, otherwise, there may be extra processing charges.
Tips: a) Draw the v-cut line in the outline layer (GKO/GML), e.g. put in layer 20 or 46 in Eagle.
b) If possible make a note beside the v-cut line as the following picture shows.
If you want to use v-cut, please following those rules:
1) The entire panel size should be larger than 60 x 60 mm and smaller than 380 x 380 mm to fit in the v-cut machine.
2) The sub-board size should be greater than 8 x 8 mm.
3) The v-cut line can only be a straight line.
4) The v-cut line must go across the entire length of the boards i.e. from edge to the edge, no jump cuts.
5) The v-cut line must be zero pitch between sub-boards. The width of the v-cut is around 0.4mm; please leave at least 0.4 mm spacing between the center of the v-cut line and any copper features.
7) The thickness of the board should be at least 1 mm. Any thinner and the boards will easily snap apart.
B. Different PCB panelization.
Tips: a) Put all designs in one Gerber file.
b) Make sure the cut lines (slots) are in outline layer (GKO/GML), and the complete board outline should go all round the edge of the boards.
c) Choose "Panelized PCBs" option, ie. 2 panelization= 2 designs, Maximum is 9 designs.
Panelization allows you to put sub-boards on one panel.
For example, we have three PCBs need to be made on one panel.
This is an INCORRECT EXAMPLE, Please DO NOT draw the outline like the pictures below.
Problem: There are 4 outlines, we have no idea which outlines we should follow.
Problem: The width of connections is too small and too long.
Problem: Width of a panel is smaller than 55mm.
To make the v-cutting line, the width should be more than 55mm, the length should be more than 70mm.
Problem: The v-cutting line should be straight and edge to edge.
Add margin to hold the sub-boards, the width of margin should be more than 3mm.
Add connections and stamp holes to separate the board.
Add slots to separate the board.
If you don't want to pay extra money for the panelize fee. You can make the outline like this and cut the board by yourself.
C. No panelization.
Tips: a) Please make sure the complete board outline should go all round the edge of the boards.
b) Use silkscreen to separate the board, No cut line in Outline layer (GKO/GML), please see the following picturec) You will get 1 complete board WITHOUT any cutting no matter you put different designs or same design here.