Exporting manufacturing files from Eagle is very simple and the least likely to run into problems. With the use of pre-configured CAM job files, there is no need to change export settings. Even better, in the later versions of Eagle, the Seeed Fusion CAM job file is built-in to Eagle directly. So, there is no need to download any files or change any settings.
*This applies to Eagle versions 9.2 and above, we recommend updating to the latest version of Eagle to make use of the latest upgrades and fixes. Guides for previous versions are also included below but please be careful when using these since we can no longer guarantee compatibility.For extra insight into Gerber generation in Eagle and the CAM job file, check out the blog post.
3. Use the Gerber previewer on the right to see what data will be exported in each of the Gerber layers. Then choose whether you want the files exported in a zip archive file or not then click Process Job.
4. Job done. We recommend using a separate Gerber viewer, like the one available after uploading the zip file on the Seeed Fusion order page, to double check the files have exported correctly and that all the necessary files are present. If everything looks good then, then order away!
The exported files should contain all the manufacturing information needed to produce the PCB boards. If you have special requirements or are not sure if something has been indicated correctly in the files, please check out our FAQ or contact us directly.
Common Mistakes and Problems:
- No CAM files: If you cannot find the Seeed Eagle CAM files, please update to the latest version of Eagle. The built-in CAM job files were only included in version 9.2 and above (the files didn’t make it to the 8.6 update).
- The solder mask Gerber layers are unintentionally filled: Please ensure that the negative polarity option is unchecked.
- Milling and cut-outs: Milling slots and cut-outs can be drawn in the milling (layer 46) or dimension (layer 20) layers. We recommend that you draw the outline of the shape only with a thin line for precision.
- Higher level multi-layer boards: We only have CAM files for 2 and 4 layer boards. If you have a greater number of layers, please open the four-layer CAM file and create the extra layers following the inner layers of the 4 layer CAM job file as a template.
- Some information not exporting to the Gerber files: Verify that the Eagle layer is listed in the Gerber export settings for the layer you want the information to be exported to. For example, the milling Eagle layer should be included under the Gerber mechanical layer settings for it to be included. Then verify that the data appears in the preview.
- Inner layers are not showing oval shaped clearances for plated slots: This is a problem with the Eagle software. Please manually draw the slots in the milling layer to ensure the inner layers are isolated.
For older versions of Eagle:
- For Eagle 8.6 to 9.1, please update to the latest version of Eagle to access the built-in CAM files.
- For Eagle 8.5 and earlier, please download the Seeed CAM job files here:
You can place them into the default CAM job folder for convenience (e.g. X:\Program Files\Eagle XXX\cam)
Common Mistakes and Problems for older Eagle versions:
- Try again, an error may have occurred during the export process.
- Make sure you have loaded the Seeed CAM file and not a different one.
- Check that the CAM file is still configured correctly. See below.
- Check that all the layers are present and designed correctly in your Eagle design files.